What shopping cart do you recommend to sell items, services, or event tickets on our website?
Since 1999, we have used Mal's E-Commerce cart. It's free to start with a manual cart - you get notified by e-mail when someone orders. Then you login, get the card information, and process it on your website or credit card terminal. Please explore mals-e.com to learn more.
If business gets busier, you can switch to a paid cart that processes cards automatically and puts the money in your checking account.
What's a basic overview of the process?
- The organization determines what they want to sell, for what price, and shipping costs if any.
- The organization determines who will receive notifications of orders and who will process the credit cards and handle order fulfillment.
- A free manual Mal's E-Commerce Cart is setup and integrated to the website.
- If business grows, and an automatic cart is desired:
- Upgrade to the paid Mal's cart - currently at $8 per month
- Use PayPal or a third-party payment gateway like Authorize.net to take funds stored in the cart and transfer them automatically to your accounts. (Some processors may do both.) See a list of supported processors on Mal's site.
Do you have examples of how other sites implement Mal's E-Commerce Cart on their shop or donate page?